HYUNDAI KONA ELECTRIC
The All-New Hyundai KONA Electric
You drive it. You electrify it.
Enter the electrified world
Combining expansive space and head-turning good looks. With an exceptional electric driving range of up to 279 miles, the KONA Electric gives you the best of both worlds – with no compromises.
This cutting-edge new electric SUV is available in three trim levels – Premium and Premium SE
The bold exterior design catches the eye with muscular sculpted shapes, sleek LED lighting
and unique details that highlight the strong Hyundai SUV DNA at its core.
Distinctive and individual.
KONA Electric’s distinctive design language continues throughout the spacious cabin. Complemented by a choice of high quality materials and advanced technology, the premium interior delivers an exceptionally comfortable and refined ride for everyone on board.
Roomy and practical
With a spacious five seat cabin, the KONA Electric is designed for busy lives.
It also comes equipped with advanced tech throughout.
- 64kWh battery versions
- The 64kWh battery has a range of up to 279 miles.
- 8 Year Battery Warranty
- Rapid charge 75mins on the 64kWh battery version
Electric driving technology The carefully matched components of the electric powertrain have been engineered to provide excellent driving
characteristics and a practical everyday driving range. KONA Electric’s completely new platform was designed with an electric powertrain in mind.
This enables the space-saving integration of the battery packs without compromising passenger or cargo room.
Smart technology for intelligent driving
Maximise your driving range with KONA Electric’s regenerative braking systems, which lets you charge
the battery by using the electric motor to slow the car.
Smart regenerative braking
The Smart regenerative braking system utilizes the on-board radar sensor to automatically control the level of
regenerative braking to react to the traffic ahead. Additionally, it also detects if the KONA Electric is driving up or downhill
and adjusts accordingly.
Virtual Engine Sound System (VESS)
Electric cars are close to silent. While this helps reduces road noise, contributing to more pleasant,
liveable cities, it can also present a possible hazard to pedestrians, who tend to take the sound of silence
as an all-clear to cross the road. That’s why the KONA Electric is equipped with a melodic driving sound,
announcing its presence to pedestrians, cyclists and the blind.
KONA Electric has plug types to suit your grid connection at home, or the types of fast-charging stations you have access to.
Rapid charging When using a 50 kW direct current (DC) charging station, KONA Electric’s lithium-ion polymer battery takes about 75
minutes to charge to 80% state of charge (SOC) for the 64KWh version and 57 minutes for the 39KWh version.
Fast charging When connected to a home wall box / AC charging station, it takes 9 hours 35 minutes to fully charge the 64KWh battery pack,
You can also connect to a regular household power socket
using the ICCB-cable (in-cable control box) for charging times of 19 and 31 hours respectfully. KONA Electric comes equipped
with a 7.2 kW on-board charger, which converts AC power from the wall socket to DC power that charges the battery in the vehicle.
Programmable charging KONA Electric’s advanced battery management system gives you complete control.
Personalise your charging times to best fit your schedule and budget.
- Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go (SCC w/ S&G)This smart system maintains a set distance from the car in front, automatically reducing or increasing speed to a pre-set limit according to traffic conditions. When the car comes to a standstill in traffic, the SSC monitor will look out for movement; when movement is detected, you’ll be prompted to tap the accelerator to reactive the cruise control.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) with pedestrian detectionThe All-New Kona Electric is fitted with AEB with pedestrian detection, an advanced active safety feature that alerts drivers to emergency situations, braking automatically if required. Using front radar and camera sensors, AEB operates in three stages. Initially warning the driver visually and acoustically, it controls the brake according to the collision danger level, and applies maximum braking force to avoid a collision or minimise damage when a collision is unavoidable. The system is activated when a vehicle or pedestrian is sensed in front of the car, operating at speeds of 5 mph or above.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA)Using the rear corner radar, RCTA reduces the risk of collision with approaching traffic when reversing out of narrow areas with low visibility. Using radar to scan a 180-degree area behind the vehicle for approaching cross traffic, RCCW alerts the driver visually and audibly.
- Lane Following Assist (LFA)The KONA Electric Premim and Premium SE feature LFA. When activated, it keeps the SUV centred in its lane at speeds between 0 and 70 mph (functional up to 93 mph where permitted) on highways and city streets.
- Lane Keeping Assist (LKA)Standard on KONA Electric, LKA uses the front camera to monitor the lines of the road. In case of an unintended lane departure, it will warn the driver and can apply counter steering torque to guide the car back to the lane.
- Blind Spot Detection (BSD) with lane change assistAlso using radar, BSD monitors the rear corners and, if another vehicle is detected, a visual alert appears on the exterior mirrors. If the driver then activates the indicators, an audible signal is emitted.
To Arrange a test drive please email: email@example.com or call Paul or Maria on tel: 01481 249915 for more information.